Yuga Labs, the studio behind the famous Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT collection, brought another novelty to the NFT market yesterday. With Dookey Dash, the first skill-based mint is live and the game can be played from now on. In this article, we’ll go over how to play Dookey Dash. You’ll find out everything you need to know about the new Mint, as well as tips and tricks to improve your high score.
Jimmy the Monkey – The Bored Ape Yacht Story continues
- It all started with the first annual Ape Fest
- Then came the Bored Ape x Mutant Ape Yacht Club Gaming Competition
- Then the ApeCoin was released, The Otherside Metaverse was presented and many other things were released
All of this stuff led the owners to the trial of Jimmy the Monkey, and here’s the story:
It all started when Jimmy had an upset stomach one day and the ensuing bowel movement that ripped apart the space-time continuum.
Curtis was then gifted a mysterious box and key from another universe, but instead of opening the box and taking out the secret contents, he had a party with Jimmy the monkey.
And as you know it from a party, some mishaps often happen. After the party, the monkeys found that the chest key somehow ended up in Jimmy’s stomach and is now stuck in his butt. That’s why the players now have to go the long way: through the sewers by completing the “Sewer Game” also known as “Dookey Dash”.
What is Dookey Dash and how to play it?
Dookey Dash is a skill game played like an endless runner. A category where you try to get as far as possible. The difficulty increases as the game progresses. The player’s task is to avoid or break through obstacles in the sewers while collecting items called fragments.
The Sewer Pass – How to get it
Sewer Pass rarity levels
One thing to note about the Sewer Passes is that there are different tier levels that can be claimed with different Yuga Labs NFT combinations:
- : You can mine this pass if you own abuy a booster for 2 APE before the run (tap BUY BOOSTER on the home screen). Powershart Packs are a trio of boosters that last for 10 minutes from the time of purchase. They are completely optional and you can play without them.
The Powershart Pack contains the following bonuses:
- Double Dash : The cooldown for your Dash is reduced by half. Normally your Dash has a three second cooldown before becoming available again if you fail to block an obstacle or if there is no wooden obstacle (there is no cooldown if you successfully break through an obstacle or block an obstacle). With the boost, the cooldown for the dash is only 1.5 seconds.
- Chart Topper : 15% Bonus on Boost Percentage! For example, if you have a Tier 4 Sewer Pass, your base bonus is 30%. With the boost it will be 45%. That is, if you reach 300 points, your total value at the end of the game is 435. The boost percentage for the other Sewer Passes looks like this:
- Golddigger : Rare, Epic, and Legendary items appear more frequently.
Availability of Dookey Dash
On February 8, 2023, the saves will be frozen and the skill-based mint will end. From February 8, 2023 to February 15, 2023, Sewer Passes may be transferred and/or swapped. On February 15, 2023, your Sewer Pass can be converted and the story continues.
A Sewer Pass that is exchanged after the point balance is frozen but before February 15, 2023 can only be converted by the current pass holder to reflect the frozen point balance. In other words, if you trade in your Sewer Pass after the point balance has been frozen, the new holder will be the one whose Sewer Pass is eligible for conversion, not the original holder. During this period, transferring and/or exchanging Sewer Passes will not reset a score to 0.
If any mischief is discovered involving a Sewer Pass or Dookey Dash game between February 8th, 2023 and February 15th, 2023, those Sewer Passes will be considered void and CANNOT be converted. Sewer passes with a high score of 0 are also not eligible to participate in the further process.
Tips and Tricks – How to score as many points as possible in Dookey Dash
The best player in the world recommends these tips and tricks:
- Tier 4 Sewer Pass
- Use peripheral vision (don’t look at your character, only at the obstacles)
- Talk to someone while playing (works against the music/speed)
The most important element in Dookey Dash is being able to move the character quickly. You can do this by moving the mouse as little as possible. It is therefore advisable to set the mouse sensitivity (DPI) far up.
The current editorial record is 91214 and was set with a DPI of 20250. In general, it is recommended that the DPI is between 10000 and 25000.
However, a Twitter user has the best tip for the game ready, as you can read in the following letter:
This is how the story continues after the game
After February 8th, the saves will be frozen and the player with the highest high score will get the key.
All other players or passes prepare for the “summoning”.
The high score achieved in Dookey Dash is linked to the personal wallet. Thus, after the game closed on February 8th, each pass will have a specific score. After that follows “The Summoning”
Meanwhile, Gary, the great canine prophet, has been studying the box Curtis received and thinks it sets the stage for a summoning ritual. This will likely unleash sources of power from another dimension in the world.
Gary has also been watching you in the sewers, so on February 15th all Sewer Passes with a score greater than 0 can participate in The Summoning. Your best score will determine what you get when you summon. But the revelation is just the beginning. Because the energy source you contain can evolve over the course of the story through various ApeCoin-powered mini-games. This results in the following roadmap:
In conclusion, one can say that the Mint has generally been a great success so far. And for all those who have already forgotten the important data at the end of the article, we have a graphic ready: